Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28th 2009, A people person

Days unemployed: 15

Number of resumes submitted: 26

Number of interviews: 2 (phone interviews count!)

Bank balance: 951.63

Number of Starbucks beverages purchased: 19

You read the statistics correctly. Officially have second interview tomorrow with veterinary clinic. Very excited, though may have sold soul to get interview as I described self as “a real people person.” Not sure what that phrase really means but it seems to bring a warm smile to potential employer’s face. I mean, I like people. People are good. I certainly have no problem talking to people or being around them, but I think that the designation of people person belongs more to car salesmen and cashiers at Forever21.

Errant thought: I truly enjoy saying the word croissant. Try it sometime, ‘twill bring joy to your day if you say it with a real French accent. Try replacing the ‘r’ with a bit of ‘w’ action and pronounce ‘sant’ as ‘sont.’ Just, really, a lovely word.

Frustrating: hearing about how my friends piddle away their unemployment. I don’t receive unemployment since I wasn’t technically fired from any job. So hearing about how people squander their money really upsets me. Example: one friend purchased every season of Battlestar Galactica and pink rain boots. Another friend goes out to the bars every night and buys drinks for people. Another: cute Tumi laptop case I had my eye on. Is it as corrupt as giving obnoxious bonuses with government bailout money? No (but on that heinous topic: what is with people including bonuses received on applications and resumes). But it’s still pretty gross. Maybe upset because I don’t have that freedom.

Boyfriend works late Monday nights so stuck home alone.

MS Word: unexpectedly just quit and I’m too lazy to retype everything I wrote after the last line.

Kind Regards,

Zack Eliasz

P.S.
Interviews result in this rare and embarrassing happy dance caught on tape. Even more embarrassing is that I'm listening to Interpol.


No comments:

Post a Comment